New 1st Shift Warehouse Role Avaliable in Lancaster NY!
Temp to Hire!
Must Have Steel Toes!$
Perform a variety of distribution activities including shipping, receiving, material handling, put away and inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Trained and assigned to work in multiple areas of distribution.
- Receives incoming materials and ships outgoing product/materials to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of inventory and product.
- Picks and routes items to specified departments. Properly and safely handles and moves materials throughout the facility to meet production demands and customer delivery expectations.
- Assists in putting received product away in the assigned location with the proper labeling.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Assists in inventory control processes.
- Follows established safety and environmental policies, procedures and methods applicable to the work area.
- Performs other duties as necessary.