Performs quality checks and files all finished parts prior to assembly.
- Must be able to perform straightening operations and filing operations on production parts.
- Performs checks to ensure that all parts are made according to samples and OCS/OS instructions, using check gages.
- Identifies and selects proper tooling as needed, such as air tools, die grinders and files.
- Reworks parts according to gages if necessary.
- Maintains all records and lot control in area.
- May operate machines if required.
- Implements and sustains lean initiatives for improvements in quality, cost, delivery, and safety.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Practical understanding of workplace 5S and lean manufacturing principle
- Shift flexibility
- ASTM or ANSI certified steel toe shoes
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, fingers, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally walk, sit, and reach with hands or arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.