Supervise the Human Resources in the division to attract, retain and motivate the staff; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the division’s budget capital expenditure plan, forecasts and objectives consistent with maintaining a first class property and management’s expectations.
- Develop, implement and manage a maintenance program and negotiate maintenance contracts for the hotel, the grounds and all of the equipment in compliance with corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to ensure the safety, convenience and satisfaction of all guests, managers and employees to protect the assets and maintain the property in first class condition. (20%)
- Develop, implement & direct all Emergency programs; ensure all equipment is maintained, conduct inspections & drills, ensure compliance with all codes and regulations, train all employees and maintain accurate records to ensure a safe environment which protects the assets, guests and employees.
- Develop, implement and manage an energy conservation program for property to minimize expenses.
- Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed for minimal cost.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested. (2.5%)
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: More than two years of post high school education, but less than a degree from a four year college.
Experience:Experience required by position is from four to five years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities: Requires advanced knowledge of Building Management/Engineering. May require considerable working Knowledge of other major areas in the hotel and the skills to integrate and communicate that information.
Requires analyzing activities and/or information involving some original data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions.
Requires management skills.
Ability to provide information and associated services to hotel management and guests.