Responsible for tests and experiments in support of documented test procedures and work orders.
Areas of responsibility include dimensional analysis of plastic systems and components, customer complaints and inquiries as well as special projects for other departments.
The QA Lab Technician – Physical follows the specifications and procedures for the testing and quality verification of products, and completes and maintains a variety of QA forms and reports.
Interaction with personnel within the department and in other departments through projects/team activities is frequently required.
· Perform assigned work orders that include performance and dimensional analysis. Final reports of each test are to follow work order format that can include Excel data analysis, statistical technique usage and test observation comments.
· Performs incoming QC for resin and colorants.
· Supports activities associated with resolving product quality problems that relate to inspection systems, data analysis, and customer complaints.
· Conduct experimental evaluations and assist in their design as assigned.
· Maintain work area so that it is conducive to performing product evaluations that allow for correct and accurate results.
· Works with other QA Lab personnel to ensure commitments are met in the time allowed.
· Help maintain required supplies for operation of the lab.
· Performs all duties to support ISO, GMP, OSHA, EPA and QA Chemical Hygiene Plan.
· Works on other projects as assigned by supervisor which can include work from the QA Life Sciences area of the lab.
· A minimum of an Associate’s degree in Mechanical Technology or related field with one to three years related experience; or non-degreed with three to six years of appropriate quality experience
· Experience inspecting parts by hand and can pick up using a CMM
· Should have a basic understanding of statistics and automated data handling
· Must be capable of data interpretation and have command of basic laboratory skills
· Must possess the ability to effectively communicate results to people with varying degrees of technical