Serves as a resource person and oversees the Human Resources and Benefits functions as well as safety and public information activities. Keep abreast of all policy and procedure changes. Develop, maintain & interpret HA policies & procedures, serve as a resource on employee grievance, wage and salary surveys, employee benefits programs and unemployment hearings, supervise recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, develop job descriptions and prepare human resource related correspondence and reports, monitor workers compensation programs, perform other related duties as assigned.
- Required experience and education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources and 5 years experience progressively responsible management experience An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Must hold a Texas Drivers License and maintain a satisfactory drivers record.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Preferred - Professional Certification in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Preferred - General knowledge of Risk Management concepts.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to organize and analyze complex situational facts to clearly recommend solutions
- Ability to develop and communicate long term plans and programs
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and implement a variety of tasks and assignments
- Maintain confidentiality of necessary information
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written