We are working with a local optics manufacturer to find a qualified CNC Machinist!
Operates and programs a computer numerically controlled machine in a low to medium production volume environment. To include:
- Machining of 3 and 4 axis on a variety of work centers.
- Machine (drill, mill and tap) a wide assortment of sometimes intricate and expensive
castings, forgings, weldments and machined parts.
- Inspect and be accountable for own parts.
- Setup machine center to perform required operation that requires blocking, and alignment of irregular shapes.
- Set 3 axis position stops, fixture offsets, select proper feeds, speeds and tools.
Perform operator intervened operations that are required by program sequences.
- Operate machinery primarily with Fanuc controls