he Material Handler is responsible for the accurate storing, shipping and receiving of product to meet company standards or safety, security, sanitation and productivity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Latches/Unlatches trailer doors to secure/access materials to/from delivery truck.
- Moves various materials either manually or with the use of a hand truck from delivery truck to designated destination truck or street within the facility.
- Scans materials as needed to determine proper location for distribution.
- Loads and stacks sorted materials to skids or pallets.
- Loads pre-sorted stacks either manually or with the use of a hand truck onto delivery trucks for distribution.
- Installs (and removes) plastic or metal dividers in truck to hold materials in place in truck for proper storage during delivery.
- Performs general cleaning duties as needed including sweeping, trash removal and office cleaning to maintain a clean and organized workplace.
- Continuous Standing and Walking (75-100%)
- Continuous Gross Motor Coordination (75-100%)
- Frequent upper extremity lifting above and below shoulder (25-74%)
- Frequent pulling of 105 pounds on wheels; and pulling of 65 pounds on floor (25-74%)
- Frequent pushing of 75 pounds on wheels (25-74%)
- Frequent Firm grasping (25-74%)
- Occasional lifting of up to 45 pounds: a combination of floor to waist, waist to shoulder, overhead, and unilateral lifting.
- Occasional carrying of up to 45 pounds: a combination of bilateral and unilateral carrying.
- Occasional bending, squatting.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations.
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer.
- Should have good spatial awareness and ability to adapt to changes in surroundings.
- Must have attention to detail.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Hand Truck
- Pallet Jack
- T bar to manually pull stacks of materials
- Miscellaneous cleaning materials including broom