Do you have Forklift experience?
Remedy staffing is seeking experienced Forklift Operators
Associates responsibility is to operate an electrically powered lift truck in a safe and efficient manner while loading/unloading trucks and/or railcars of finished product, bulk product, fiber, or any other miscellaneous items needed to operate the facility. The operator places these items in a location in a manner subscribed by the facility inventory system.
- Put finished product away in the distribution building from the production lines.
- Pick orders for shipment and stage orders properly.
- Stacks and retrieves bulk product as necessary.
- Utilizes the Turn-a-Fork and slip sheet attachment(s) to maximize departmental efficiency.
- Safely operates manual and automatic dock plates.
- Utilizes the glad-hand lock system on all trailer braking systems.
- Chocks all trailers as necessary for safety.
- Follows all facility GMP and safe food handling directives.
- Work with other lift truck operators and supervisors to ensure proper movement of all products.
- Assist the Distribution Group Leader with loading outbound loads.
- Utilizes the RF scanning units as they pertain to product movement through the facility.
- Changes lift truck batteries in a safe and efficient manner.
- Help to produce the highest quality of finished product
- Adhere to all company Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to safety
- Report any food safety, health & safety, quality issues and initiate action, as necessary.
- All duties as assigned by supervisor.