The primary purpose of this job is to provide leadership, focus and direction to the Warehouse, Inventory and Logistics teams in support of company tactical and strategic objectives. Establish excellence in all procedures, processes, standards, and discipline along with a continuous improvement culture. Develop a strategic and high value approach to the Warehouse, Inventory Management and Logistics functions. Directly supervise shipping and receiving and warehouse teams. Promote and ensure that the entire team works cohesively with all other business functions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Supervises receiving, shipping, and warehouse personnel.
- Provides leadership and direction to the manufacturing operations in the areas of warehouse and inventory management, and shipping and receiving to support company objectives
- Responsible to arrange daily transportation carriers for all items to be shipped
- Accountable for inventory and cycle counting accuracy, shipping and receiving documentation accuracy, and adherence to all related processes and procedures
- Communicates and collaborates proactively with all other functions to achieve company operational and financial objectives.
- Analyzes data and develops creative approaches to solve operational problems.
- Adheres to company Values, Core Beliefs, and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Employee Safety Manual.
- Regular attendance is a necessary essential job function and required to meet company productivity standards
- Performs other tasks as required
- Develops and incorporates Continuous Improvement initiatives across all areas of responsibility; Actively participate in improving processes and systems.
- Leads special projects related to this or other areas as required
- Maintain/develop good relations with freight carriers
- Ensure shipping and warehouse personnel follow all safety regulations and procedures
- Develop effective departmental performance metrics and identify improvement opportunities
- Handle freight claim issues, as necessary, ensuring company liabilities on known and mitigated
- Manage and maintain high level of data accuracy in M1 MRP system
- Promote a safe and clean work environment by continuous cleaning throughout the day.
- Work with personnel to clean the work area every day before leaving.
- Work productively as a team member with other employees fostering a strong team mentality
- Accurately follow OSHA guidelines and maintain compliance for all business obligations.
- Accurately follow ISO procedures.
- Consistently meet company set productivity guidelines
- Consistently follows all safety instructions