Assist the Engineering Department by maintaining databases and logs; maintenance, repair, and issuing out tooling; and keeping the tool room clean and organized in accordance to 6S standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collect, issue out, and organize tooling in appropriate manner.
2. Maintain department specific spreadsheets.
3. Create purchase orders as needed.
4. Operates manufacturing machinery and related equipment as necessary to build prototypes to customer and internal requirements.
5. May assist in setting up, modifying, or obsolescing parts in the manufacturing database as necessary.
6. Assists in product redesign to resolve product or production difficulties.
Prepares and maintains inventory records of production tools and tool supplies.
• Issues tools from Tool Room in response to production needs.
• Performs preventive maintenance and repair on tools, fixtures, and jigs.
• Sources tools and tool supplies and obtains quotations.
• Maintains Tool Room, Maintenance Shop and storeroom in a clean and orderly manner.
• Participates in 5S/Safety and Kaizen projects.
• Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, materials selection, and product testing