Line Operators (Machine Operators)/ Cheektowaga, NY/ 1st and 2nd Shifts
Remedy is partnered with a growing and well-established Food Manufacturer in the Cheektowaga, NY area to identify experienced Line Operators (Machine Operators) with food manufacturing industry to join their team!
1st: 8:00am – 6:30pm Monday - Thursday
2nd 6:30pm – 5:00am :30pm Monday - Thursday
- Directing all production personnel assigned to Operator's line and/or area, including identifying work assignments and expectations
- Training Key Production Associates assigned to the line and/or area
- Starting up and operating machines within stated operating parameters
- Responsible for achieving production goals of cost, efficiency, quality, and safety
- Ensuring sanitation and cleanliness of the machines and the surrounding areas
- Monitoring product and packaging quality to assure company and customer standards are met
- Accurately recording production performance data in a timely fashion
- Troubleshooting equipment and make basic repairs
- Performing additional related duties as required
- High School diploma or equivalent, 2 years of technical schooling preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of related work experience in food manufacturing
- Ability to use simple hand tools for machine adjustments and maintenance. Demonstrated mechanical ability in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Hayssen and Rovema machinery preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate others
- Good communication skills to include the ability to read and give accurate directions, and to document work
- Ability to take directions and follow through with duties
- Excellent GMP habits and practices
- Demonstrated ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 pounds, bend, stoop, and carry
- Excellent attendance record
- Prior lead experience desired in molding and packing
- Some physical exertion required on the production floor including standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, shovel, and/or move product and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Bus accessible! Great Direct Hire positions with a growing and established Cheektowaga Manufacturer! Apply today!
Military Veterans encouraged to apply!