A large logistics company is seeking a Maintenance Technician. You will perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance processes. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career you can be proud of.
Work Hours: 7:00AM to 3:30PM Monday thru Friday – Must be able to work overtime.
Pay: $22.00 hour
- Maintain Chucks, 6 River mobile pick units, etc.
- Repair and maintain a wide variety of equipment associated with the facility; have firm knowledge of plant layout and stay on top of current company policies as they relate to safety, environmental issues, etc.
- Maintain facilities infrastructure and equipment in various areas, including skilled carpentry, electrical, painting, plastering, dry walling, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and mechanical work; coordinate and schedule third-party service providers as needed
- Perform advanced level plumbing work, including installing, repairing and replacing plumbing fixtures, and clearing obstructions from water and sewer lines
- Assist in the implementation of new processes and equipment as they are brought into the company
- Process products that require testing and mechanical evaluation, and complete all cosmetic repairs to restore products to sell able conditions
- Perform scheduled routine machine maintenance, including disassembling, cleaning and inspecting machine mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, low-voltage electrical and coolant systems; repair electrical switches, outlets, lighting systems and fixtures
- Complete necessary preventive maintenance in a timely manner; document preventive maintenance, equipment repair, part usages, etc.
- Repair and maintain site ABB robotics, GreyOrange butlers, conveyors and wrappers
- Follow and execute basic functional testing procedures for equipment
- Perform necessary preventive maintenance in a timely manner with adequate record keeping
- Locate sources of problems by observing and monitoring the automation field; diagnose and make repairs
- Document performance of preventive maintenance, equipment repair part usages, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with managers, employees and vendors while delivering status reports and performing maintenance and repair work, machinery installations or moves
Please stop by any of our two locations and speak to a recruiter.
2518 Nacogdoches Rd. San Antonio, Texas 78217 – 210.366.3400
1950 S.W. Military Dr. San Antonio, Texas 78221 – 210.973.6878
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. above the waist and carry heavy objects
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of the equipment
- Safely and effectively operate lift trucks and manual lifting equipment in the process of installing, modifying or repairing industrial equipment
- Experience reading simple electrical, mechanical and pneumatic drawings
- Microsoft Office experience
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical systems
It’d be great if you also have:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree, specialized vocational training or equivalent education and experience in product maintenance
- Active Journeyman license (Not a Must)
- 2 years of facility maintenance experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills
- Experience with tools and equipment used in building maintenance, reconstruction and repair work
- Experience using drawings, manuals and diagrams to coordinate and complete installation of equipment and components according to specifications