Responsible for ensuring workplace conditions meet all regulations for the health and safety of all workers in the facility and maintaining and improving environmental impact of the facility.
- Conducts and reports findings of EH&S (Environmental, Health and Safety) audits and inspections
- Maintains files of EH&S audits and inspections
- Willing to learn and understand the requirements of facility issued permits (currently stormwater and air)
- Takes immediate necessary actions to insure the site stays in compliance with all issued permits.
- Learns the facility waste and recycling processes and how to handle regulated waste streams.
- Willing to take necessary training courses to understand all aspects of EH&S compliance for the site.
- Conducts some safety, health and environmental related training.
- Willing to learn and become proficient with the company EH&S database that tracks all environmental and safety metrics.
- Audits and maintains critical EH&S equipment and supplies (eyewash stations, spill cabinets, AED’s etc.)
- Participate on environmental and safety committees
- Participate and lead Incident Investigations.
- Ensure SH&E designated safety communication boards are current
- Ensure safety training of transferred or new employees is complete
- Randomly audit forklift operators and shipping drivers for daily inspection sheet compliance, seat belt use, safe driving performance, etc.
- Regularly check for general safety hazard, PPE, etc., and report them to appropriate personnel
- Assist in development and updating of safety policies and procedures
- Take a lead role in developing and implementing Behavior-based Safety observation program