Currently seeking an Order Fulfillment Specialist for a client in Virginia Beach, VA (Dam Neck Area)
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Resume required to be considered**
Duties, Responsibilities and Abilities
- Works with Production Manager and Sales department regarding fulfillment of orders
- Prepares shipping documents; checks items to be shipped against sales orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools if necessary.
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, perform simple arithmetic and verify numbers.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Input tracking information into E-sales portal
- Transfer invoices to Accounting department
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- High school diploma; Higher degree from a technical school will be appreciated
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse data system
- Team player with organizational skills
- Warehouse experience
- Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to reaching goals
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Detail Oriented