Remedy staffing is seeking an experienced Receiving Supervisor with skill sets in the receiving department for an exciting opportunity in Chesapeake, VA!
The Warehouse Receiving Supervisor is responsible to monitor the reception, storage, and distribution of all items received from suppliers ensuring a smooth and consistent operation fulfilling customer requirements.
- Oversees Receiving Function to ensure all product unloaded meets product guidelines for quality, quantity and storage.
- Reports any problems or issues with product found damage on a Container or Container received damage with pictures. Report findings as soon as possible to Warehouse Management.
- Oversee re-packing of product if deemed appropriate and ensure handling guidelines and reporting of results is made. Pictures are necessary and are to be reported with damages and archived.
- Capable of performing all Receiving functions in WMS when necessary, acts as backup to Receiving Clerk when absent or on vacation.
- Responsible for receiving of all Transfers and LTL loads.
- Coaches and motivates all personnel to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity in accordance to procedures and guidelines.
- Minimum of a 2yr degree; 4yr degree desired
- Previous warehouse management experience
- Previous experience in food distribution center desired
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Forklift operating experience
Pay: 21-23/hour - paid weekly - temp to hire position.