Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and other facilities equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Accomplish preventative maintenance (PM) and practice continuous improvement so that production equipment achieves production goals.
- Execute PM tasks on schedule to ensure prevention of future down time.
- Follow through on PM task and line work findings to continually improve equipment reliability.
- Contribute knowledge learned through the completion of PM tasks to the PM planning process, ensuring up time and efficiency of equipment.
- Ensure changes in schedules, material availability and line operations do not prevent PM's from being completed.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.