Remedy is looking for a qualified Batch Operator for a local food manufacturer!
- Prepares ingredients to be loaded into kettle by hand.
- Uses batch formula sheets and is responsible for accuracy and acknowledgement of ingredient additions, records lot numbers.
- Troubleshoots, rectifies operator problems and reports any downtime to maintenance and supervisor immediately.
- Keep work area clean and free of debris.
- Cooks and or leads relieve each other for breaks and lunches.
- Know, understand, and follow safe operating procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ensures all product Quality Standards are met.
- Perform all tasks and duties required to ensure production and efficiency standards are met.
- Makes all necessary machinery and equipment adjustments and performs all tasks and duties necessary for efficient start-ups, daily operations, changeovers and shutdowns.
- Accurately communicates safety, quality, production, maintenance and sanitation issues to supervisor and/or the appropriate department.
- Performs operator pre-op inspection of equipment prior to the addition of any ingredients to kettles.
- Maintains all production/maintenance/quality record s and reports as required.
- Overtime hours may be required based on work demand. Employees must be flexible with these hours.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in food manufacturing is helpful
- Ability to read operational manuals and complete written forms (in English)
- Working knowledge of basic weights and measures used in the batching process
- Mechanical ability that makes possible the identifying and solving of mechanical and process problems
- Must have good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 55 lbs