Remedy Staffing is partnered with a food manufacturer in Cheektowaga in search of a 2nd shift Packagers
- Lines and pads crates and assembles cartons; obtains and sorts product.
- Wraps protective material around product.
- Could start, stop, and regulate speed of conveyor.
- Labels and identifies products as instructed; sorts bundles or fills containers.
- Packs to established special arrangements or selections of product.
- Inspects materials, products, codes and containers at each step of packaging process.
- Records information such as weight, time, and date packaged.
- Packager must be thoroughly familiar with all safety issues with the assigned equipment and in particular must be aware of safety hazards, all guarding and emergency shut off locations and operation. Associate will be required to use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while operating the equipment. Will be responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Must be aware of and perform all duties in compliance with existing Company policies and procedures. In addition, operator must have knowledge of USDA regulations and Company HACCP program as these apply to the specific area(s) that are assigned.
- Responsible for food safety.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three months related experience and/or training.
Shift 4 pm-1230 am with overtime. Must be able to work any of the 7 days in the work week.
Pay is $ 12.50 per hour
Apply now for immediate consideration