Remedy Intelligent Staffing is hiring for Forklift Operators in the Rochester Area!
This is a C shift Position
- Put finished product away in the distribution building from the production lines.
- Pick orders for shipment and stage orders properly.
- Stacks and retrieves bulk product as necessary.
- Utilizes the Turn-a-Fork and slip sheet attachment(s) to maximize departmental efficiency.
- Safely operates manual and automatic dock plates.
- Utilizes the glad-hand lock system on all trailer braking systems.
- Chocks all trailers as necessary for safety.
- Follows all facility GMP and safe food handling directives.
- Work with other lift truck operators and supervisors to ensure proper movement of all products.
- Assist the Distribution Group Leader with loading outbound loads.
- Utilizes the RF scanning units as they pertain to product movement through the facility.
- Changes lift truck batteries in a safe and efficient manner.
- Help to produce the highest quality of finished product
- Adhere to all company Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to safety
- Report any food safety, health & safety, quality issues and initiate action, as necessary.
- All duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Frequent pushing/pulling up to 40lbs.
- Occasional bending, squatting, twisting, climbing, dexterity
- Frequent reaching, standing, walking, sitting, driving, typing
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job to include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent lifting/carrying up to 40lbs. Occasionally up to 50lbs
One to 3 years of forklift experience in a high lift setting
- Noisy conditions
- Dusty conditions
- Hot or humid conditions
- Wet conditions
- Exposure to extreme/seasonal temperatures
- Exposure to chemicals or solvents
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- High School Diploma or Equivalent