Job Type: Full-time Job Location: East Syracuse, NY Shift: Night Shift - 12 hour shifts (6:00pm-6:30am), rotating days of week Department: Plant Job Description: Responsible for operating various Material Handling Equipment (M.H.E) to move finished product from the production floor to trailers. Also may include offloading trailers with supplies. Job Responsibilities:
- Operate forklifts, stand-up, walky-ridey, electric pallet jacks, etc. as necessary to maintain operation of a minimum of 3 production lines.
- Operate palletizer equipment and all associated job responsibilities.
- Move finished product pallets from production to outbound trailers.
- Use scan guns to create pallet tracking stickers, scan pallets through the KARE system ensuring the electronic location matches the actual location for every pallet.
- Prepare shipping documentation (load diagrams) ensuring the written document matches the actual pallet presentation in the trailer.
- Cross-reference applicable data (label, product, date code, product line #, etc.) from the production order to the data on the finished product (box codes) and pallet stickers—ensuring accuracy/consistency throughout.
- Record final production quantities for each label on the daily production log. Cross reference the final quantity to the production order’s specified quantity and notify supervision in cases of variance.
- Use touch-screen to operate robots, pallet conveyors and wrapper.
- Resupply pallets, slip-sheets, shrink-wrap and corrugate as needed.
- Operate the bailer and trash compactor.
- Perform banding and/or bundling when directed.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum of a GED or High School Diploma
- 1 - 2 years Warehouse/Forklift experience
- Experience in warehouse operations, specifically in a cooler warehouse setting.
- Knowledge of general computer functions.
- Knowledge of Warehouse operations and inventory tracking systems.
- Ability to operate a forklift and other M.H.E.