A key member in the Sales & Marketing team working under the guidance of the Director of Product Management and will have a wide range of responsibility and oversight of compressor products. This broad role includes responsibilities which traverses other areas such as project management, sales support, product marketing and ERP system (SAP) maintenance. This will include new compressor products as well as aftermarket and service offerings. Product Managers work cross functionally in a strategic as well as tactical capacity to ensure the profitable growth of the company.
Essential Functions, Key Tasks, & Responsibilities:
Product and Project Management
- Act the key representative for Sales & Marketing on projects including NPD and non-NPD
- Support product qualification and market validation efforts with customers
- Develop promotional tools to support the customer introduction process and sales ramp up
- Provide support through leading departmental projects
- Submit and justify NPD and non-NPD project requests/submittals through proper definition of product specification and business cases
Sales and Technical Support
- Support to Sales, FSEs, and Applications Engineering covering all products in your scope
- Inform on all major engineering changes and coordinate communication to key customers through the various regional channels
- Manage spare parts kit definitions and instructions
- Maintains Product Store Technical Detail and Catalogs in SAP
- Manages Customer Administration and Access for Product Store
- Responsible for maintaining all Global Product Pricing in SAP
- Responsible for maintaining all Customer Discounts for Products in SAP
- Manages the Product Definition and Offerings through the Variant Configuration system in SAP
- Manages Product Hierarchy for Oil-Free Compressor Products
- Customer Account Management in SAP
- Collects Voice of the Customer (VOC) and market data to help with identifying and prioritizing projects
- Create, maintain and communicate technical literature, bulletins, and guidelines
- Technical product benchmark (performance, application)
- Technical competitive analysis to feed marketing/sales activities (strength, weakness)
- Defining product pricing strategy and development of customer price guides
- Provide support and strategy for Trade Show Displays and arrangements
- Develops marketing collateral to reinforce company's message of innovation and leadership with Oil-Free Compressor technology through creation of videos, promotion on social media, and other means.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- A candidate will need to have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or combination of other technical degree and experience.
- Good knowledge of key IT tools (MS Office, SAP - Business Intelligence Warehouse)?
- Relevant work experience on products which are systems having integration of software, electrical or electro-mechanical elements.
- 3-5 Years of experience specifically with HVAC Systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a team
- Global mindset and excellent communication skills to efficiently communicate across all levels in the organization.
- Good time management and project management skills to organize and plan effectively in developing effective systems and processes.
- Judgement and decision making
- Managing employee development/performance
- Operational excellence
- Promoting team work
- Written and verbal communication