Weekend Rail Operator Needed in Waterloo, IA
Pay: $18-20/hr (based on experience)
Shift: Weekend Days 7a - 7p (Fri-Sun; alternating Thurs)
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to support the continuous operations to meet 100% of customer requirements. The Utility Worker is involved in Production and Shipping of Bisulfites, Aqua Ammonia, Ammonium Thiosulfate, as well as operation of the Elementary Neutralization Unit (ENU) and all associated raw materials.
- Unload and Load railcars and bulk tankers in compliance with all client procedures
- Maintain raw material inventory levels to sustain continuous operations
- Provide support to ensure sulfur burner operator maintains continuous control of the operations
- Work with purchasing to ensure timely and efficient delivery of all raw materials to eliminate back orders or short shipments.
- Sample products and take to QC lab to assure product meets specification.
- Provide loading support to 100% meet customer requirements
- Ensure all production paperwork is filled out and entered into the system and all special instructions are followed.
- Sustain a positive image in the work place and encourage others to do the same.
- Responsible for compliance of corporate and government regulations regarding safety and environmental issues.
- Conduct all daily inspection responsibilities for the area.
- Complete all required cleaning requirements and complete the appropriate check lists.
- Committed to achieving and maintaining the highest degree of quality and service possible for our customers, both internal and external.
- Uphold Client’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Perform necessary maintenance tasks to keep production equipment operating and as assigned by Supervisor
- Transfer product for production as necessary.
- Provide back up support to fellow employees.
- Provide corrective action for problems found during production.
- Review the process and respond with any logical process improvements.
- Support development of work instructions and procedures to conduct tasks associated with continuous operations.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One to three years chemical experience desired.
- Ability to operate a forklift; previous experience preferred.
- Must have basic mechanical ability.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to sit and/or stand up to 10 hours per day in a 12-13 hour shift.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairways up to 30 feet in height up to 10 times daily.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. several times a day.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.