Microbiology Laboratory Technician/ Clarence, NY/ 1st Shift
A Microbiology Laboratory Technician is needed for a rapidly growing Clarence Manufacturing Facility to perform various microbiological testing including sample collection, water microbial and chemical testing, bioburden testing, environmental monitoring, endotoxin testing, sterility testing, QC testing of media, PCD preparation and equipment sterilization in an FDA regulated environment.
10:00am-6:30pm Monday - Friday
- Performing environmental monitoring of manufacturing areas
- Bioburden and endotoxin testing of component, product and water samples.
- Conducting a variety of laboratory tests such as pH, water chemistry, media QC, BI sterility, preparation of microbial ID samples and preparation of PCDs.
- Using standard laboratory equipment including pH meter, spectrophotometer, balance, incubator, autoclave, oven, pipettes and filter units.
- Accurately completing records and documents for tests performed, and accurate computer data entry. Revision of microbiology/laboratory procedures.
- Supporting microbiology laboratory investigations. Support activities related to microbiology NCs and CAPAs.
- Supporting sterilization validations such as preparation of validation samples, related paperwork and shipment of samples.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions in his/her assigned work area
- Performing projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology/Biology or closely related field or Associates Degree in Microbiology/Biology or closely related field with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience; may consider candidates with a High School diploma (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience working in a microbiology laboratory with experience in a FDA regulated industry.
- 11 to 4 years of experience in microbiology in a biopharmaceutical/medical device industry.
- Experience in microbiological principles and applications related to microbial ID, validation and clean room technology.
- Trained in cGMP for laboratory operations and compliance to regulatory guidelines with working knowledge of microbiology, endotoxin testing, environmental monitoring, USP sterility and bioburden test methods.
- Proficient in the use of standard laboratory equipment including pH meter, spectrophotometer, balance, incubator, autoclave, oven, pipettes and filter units.
- Training to ISO, USP and GMPs standards.
- Technology Skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Project, Visio.)
Great opportunity with an established and growing Manufacturer! Apply now!
Military Veterans encouraged to apply!