Now hiring a Senior Cost Accountant for a technology firm located in Daytona Beach, Florida.
The Sr Cost Accountant supports the Operations Controller and the manufacturing management of the Daytona Beach Plant. The major objectives are to provide production performance information, variance analysis, and budgetary planning. The primary focus is to deliver reliable, accurate, and timely analysis as a basis of management’s decision.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- On a monthly basis, provide plant management with an Operations P&L, Balanced Scorecard, and Key Performance Indicators which analyze financial variances, productivity, efficiency, performance, and headcount.
- Evaluate the key performance results and variances by product line. Evaluate and track overhead spending, material cost, and labor cost. Recommend and develop corrective actions to improve variance.
- Furnish month end financial information and analysis to Corporate Controlling and Corporate Finance and perform ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Responsible for the yearly planning of cost center activities and expense budgets for all Business Units, production departments, Engineering, Quality Assurance and plant G&A. On a monthly basis is responsible holding meetings with cost center managers to review cost variances of actual expenses to plan or forecast for the development of cost reduction and efficiency improvement.
- Review inventory levels of raw materials, work- in- process and finished goods for defective and quality restricted product along with age of inventory on hand. Develop corrective actions.
- Prepare and develop quarterly analysis for standard cost changes. Assist in setting up and adjusting overhead rates periodically.
- Assist in maintaining capital project & capital purchase order files. Assist in reconciling capital asset PO and invoices before an asset is capitalized, request asset tags, and coordinate asset tagging. Perform routine fixed asset cycle counts, complete documentation for disposing assets.
- Provide information and support of the year-end financial audit. This function is critical to the organization in that we comply with US GAAP and IAS obtain a satisfactory audit.
To apply, please email your resume to Tawnya.Titus@RemedyStaff.com
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent SAP knowledge, Accounting Practices & Principles, Strong Cost Accounting and Budgeting in a Manufacturing environment, Activity-Based Costing.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) competency required; advanced formulations, uploading, downloading, merge and comparison of file data. Familiarity with Lotus Notes.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills, excellent verbal and written communication, effective time management and organization, good judgement, initiative, persuasiveness, and thoroughness. Must meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Controlling
- 5-7 years Cost Accounting/Controlling experience in an integrated Manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years experience with Operations management reporting
- Some travel may be required.