Warehouse Operator/ Amherst, NY/ 1st Shift
A growing Amherst, NY Manufacturer is looking for a Warehouse Operator to perform all duties related to incoming and outgoing product.
1st: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday – Friday (8:00am-4:30pm in summer)
- Loading, unloading, and transferring product to designated areas.
- Filling customer orders and completing appropriate paperwork.
- Maneuvering heavy materials with the use of forklift, pallet, and hand truck as required.
- Assembling products for shipment
- Assisting Return Material Coordinator with inspecting, documenting and sending returned materials back to the factory in a timely manner.
- Inspecting product for deficiencies or breakages prior to shipment or warehouse storage.
- Recording all product discrepancies on appropriate paperwork.
- Performing additional job duties as needed
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Capability of calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Good organizational and computer skills
- Ability to work with Forklifts, lathes, drill presses, power tools and hand tools
Great direct hire opportunity with a growing company in Amherst, NY! First shift hours! Apply today!
Military Veterans encouraged to apply!