New 1st Shift Sheet Grinder Operator in Lancaster NY!
Temp to Hire!
Must Have a Reliable Form of Transportation!
Sets up and operates surface grinding machines with reciprocating table to grind silicone rubber to tolerance. Candidate will perform basic maintenance of equipment.
- Operate Surface Grinder following Safe practices
- Finish Sheets to size including the use of Band Saw, Buffing, and sanding equipment
- Package and Create finished product
- Maintenance on Equipment including Grinders, Band Saws, Sanders, Buffing Wheels, Ventilation Equipment
- Supports sheet molding including: Prepping metal, Molding Sheets
- Maintains accurate documentation of all work performed.
- Provide good customer service.
- All other duties as assigned
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20, PLS, and USA principles/techniques and makes process improvement recommendations to management.
Education: High School, a trade school degree in a related area preferred, or demonstrated experience.
- Ability to operate Surface Grinder
- Machining Experience
- Ability to use measuring tools (Vernier calipers, scale, micrometer)
- Experience with most varieties of hand and power tools.
- Good communication skills required to follow direction, work in a team and discuss machines with customers.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and understand English