As a Mechanical Design Engineer within the Mechatronic Integration Engineering team, the primary work tasks will be new product development. You will be responsible for contributing to the technology development of new platforms to expand the product portfolio, from definition of the customer/product requirements to concept validation and product implementation. This portfolio includes but is not limited to dynamic turbo machinery, magnetic bearings, permanent magnet motors and integrated power electronics.
Essential Functions, Key Tasks, & Responsibilities: (include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Define requirements and complete implementation for integrated compressor designs
- Modeling for component and system level designs including 2D detail drawings
- Analysis of component level design
- Work within defined standards to maintain product lifecycle management
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within product development, manufacturing engineering and procurement groups to ensure manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability
- Participate in new technology research and development projects as requested
- Deliver design documentation following project stage gates
- Support certification to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, UL and CE and ensure environmental and safety guidelines are applied accordingly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in 3D CAD (Catia V5 preferred)
- 1+ years organization experience in product development engineering (turbo machinery preferred)
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional controls.
- Expertise in material selection, design procedures, manufacturing techniques and assembly methods as required
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated
- Must have basic project co-ordination skills and a personal drive for making clarity within the area they work with.
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Able to contribute as a member of an organized project team of engineers.
- Interpret and understand nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.)
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Speak effectively before groups of other employees in both technical and non-technical forums.