The Quality Control Technician is primarily responsible in assisting with the maintenance of the quality management system by performing inspections and making process improvements, as well as supporting operations in training and various projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Modify / Develop inspection plans for both supplied and manufactured materials ensuring compliance to customer drawings and PO requirements.
- Support the non-conforming material process by insuring compliance to process and part requirements are achieved.
- Inspect product to appropriate workmanship standards, work instructions, and/or other specifications.
- Mark, tag, note, document and segregate material and work-pieces that fail to meet specifications
- Recommend changes to processes and procedures, which will improve safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Recommend adjustments to the assembly or production process
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products
- Interface with purchasing, engineering and suppliers in support of discrepant material resolution.
- Participate in the maintenance of the Quality Management System.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in manufacturing industry working in a quality environment.
- Understand drawings, technical documents, and manuals, ensuring that material, product, and parts meet quality standards and customer’s expectations
- Self–managed; Team player
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical aptitude
- Ability to read and write English
- Willing to cross train in other work centers as needed
- Able to quickly remove sample parts or products during the manufacturing process.
- Knowledge of basic math and computer skills (ie: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access)
- Able to use precision measuring tools