A reputable livestock nutrition company in Strykersville NY is looking to add a Purchasing and Customer Service Assistant to their team.
Job Purpose: Aid the procurement and customer service teams in day-to-day functions at the facility, with consideration to policies and quality standards.
- Making sure that all requests are done in an accurate and timely manner as well as all item and ingredient needs are fulfilled.
- Work with buyer to ensure proper order levels and timing of delivery for optimum production efficiency at the facility.
- Ensure that all formula requests are processed quickly, accurately and to completion
- Maintain daily communication with procurement formulation and production team managers at the facility.
- Aid customer service team with orders, invoking and admin functions.
- Targets cost avoidance and cost reduction in day-to-day purchases with the understanding that cost reduction= Actual Purchasing Price- Last Price Paid, and Cost avoidance= Actual Purchasing Price- Lowest Price Quoted
Qualifications And Experience
- College Education; Minimum Associates degree in business, economics, or agricultural related field
- Knowledge and experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Computer skills in Microsoft applications
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Regularly required to lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Required PPE, safety shoes, glasses and hard hat while inside the plant and warehouse
14-17/hour Depending on Experience