The Manufacturing Quality Engineer supports the organization through the identification, reduction, and control of manufacturing product and process risk.
This position will provide direct support for the Manufacturing department within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assemble, analyze and report the manufacturing process performance on a regular basis.
- Use performance data to identify areas of risk and facilitate a cross functional team to drive improvement into the process / product following the documented corrective action process.
- Analyze performance data to determine both positive and negative trends identifying what, in the product or process, may have initiated the trend and report the information to the appropriate group to allow for lessons learned and/or proper corrective action.
- Support and maintain Systems as required such as Iso 9001, ISO14001, TS16949, SAP, One ERP, VDI, and IQOS.
- Provide monthly quality reports which includes Kpi from all functional areas of the business. In some cases, the manufacturing quality engineer will be required to develop the Kpi from available data and other data as required for project and process improvement activities.
- When needed, manage containment activities for high risk or quality issues including the development, implementation and recording of all such activities in an effort to protect the customer.
- Participate in the internal audit system performing the required audits as prescribed per the audit schedule.
- Assist in the completion of required product audits per the defined schedule.
- Assist in Quality Tool Training sessions, as needed.
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Technology, Process Engineering, or other related field or 5+ years of progressive experience in supplier quality, process quality, manufacturing operations or other related supplier interactive experience.
- Training or experience in the knowledge and application of PPAP, FMEA, Lean/Six Sigma, ISO-9001/14001, TS16949, GD&T, Capability Analysis, Corrective Action Tools, Design for Manufacturability, and Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Word)
- Professional certifications (QE, SQE, etc.) from ASQ or similar accreditations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast paced and demanding environment are required.