Are you an experienced Mold Maker? If so you don't want to miss out on this opportunity! Mold Maker needed for a great client in the Virginia Beach / Dam Neck Area
Full Time Temp-to-Hire Possible Direct Hire
Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 5PM
When hired on benefits include health insurance, PTO, 401k, and profit sharing.
- 5+ years of experience in tool maker position and tool design capability in manufacturing with proven ability to deliver desired results.
- 5+ years of experience setting up, maintaining, and running CNC mills, lathes, grinders, and EDM (wire & sinker) machines
- CAD/CAM experience (PTC Creo & CAMWorks is preferred)
- Must have GD&T skills.
- Able to plan and organize daily activities, analyze data and react to changes and challenges in the business.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively in both written and oral form required.
- Required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequent lifting, pushing and pulling objects that are 85lbs or heavier.
- Punctual with reliable transportation.
- Able to commit to a 40- hour work week.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate employees.
- Strong technical, business, and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 7+ years of experience in tool maker position in manufacturing with proven ability to deliver desired results.
- Read blueprints and use necessary measuring devices to make, or modify existing tooling, tools for new or old job prints.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management
- Able to use precision measuring devices.
- Able to CAM necessary mold components such as mold cavities, sliders, lifters, etc.
- Participate design reviews with engineering to identify any potential tooling shortfalls or oversights
- Can set up and run CNC mills, lathes, and EDM equipment in order to machine mold cavities, sliders, lifters, and/or inserts
- Make any necessary repairs to in-house tools.
- In coordination with the engineering department, will repair broken slides, cores, cavities and vents as required using a standard bench practice.
- Carry out tooling maintenance.
- Will re-work tooling issues such as worn edges, dings, scuffs, and scratches.
- Polish cores as required using proven bench practices.
- Perform welding or grinding activities to meet specified tolerance(s)
- Will implement proper application and maintenance of vents, including assemble/disassemble, documented measurements and inspections.
- Inspect new molds, including breakdown, confirming measurements and identification of required parts for inventory.
- Complete all forms and paperwork as required to maintain proper record of completed work.
- Maintain record of spare parts inventory ensuring availability of required parts as needed.
- Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards i.e., proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Participate in department/shift/team meetings.