1st and 2nd shift EXPERIENCED Warehouse Supervisors needed in Suffolk, VA!
$40-50K annually, Depending on Experience
Paid Weekly - Direct Deposit available - Long Term Opportunity!
Responsible for coordination all warehouse activities and supervising all assigned work to the team. This will be achieved on a shift basis by directing assigned employees in receiving, picking, value added service and shipping of customer product in a manner consistent with service and cost objective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor performance and supervise the work employees
- Supervise and coordinate the most efficient unloading and loading of shipments, orderly stacking of product, picking and staging of outbound shipments
- Adhere to and achieve daily standards in accordance with published service levels
- Responsible for daily pre-shift and crossover meetings
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Ensure all security policies and procedures are followed
- Enforces, maintains safety standards, policies, and procedures in order to comply with the laws and regulations to minimize accidents and injuries. Assists in the ongoing company safety programs
- Provides ongoing training and retraining of employees to ensure that they are prepared to meet or exceed the productivity standards for their function
- Preforms documented employee reviews for all full time departmental employees
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Utilizing inventorying system for control for all warehouse functions, such as picking, replenishment, receiving and value-added services
Skills and Key Competencies:
- High school diploma or GED required and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, or related field is highly preferred
- Highly proficient with computers, scanning and related equipment. Software experience to include MS office, ERP/WMS and or inventory management software
- Strong attention to detail, leadership abilities, interpersonal, communication, verbal, written and listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Must display good organizational skills
- Initiative, adaptability and behave decisively