1st shift, 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
The Customer Service Representative is the day to day interface between our customers and the client factory, providing support for order management, delivery status, material returns, replacements, complaints, and general inquiries, focusing on achieving total customer satisfaction and loyalty.
This position will interact directly with:
- Key account managers
- Product manager
- Master scheduler
- Technical services
- Project managers
- Business leadership
Essential Functions, Key Tasks, & Responsibilities:(include the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Order management:
- Maintain customer price lists in the ERP system to match those published by Product Manager
- Review & approve customer purchase order
- Plan ship date based on capacity and material availability
- Create sales order in ERP system
- Acknowledge order to customer
- Provide input to the Sales & Operations Planning process
- Track and expedite sales orders to ensure on-time delivery to customer request date and provide proactive updates to the customer
- Provide input to defining priorities when production is faced with constraints
- Coordinate with shipping and the customer to align with last minute changes
- Material returns & replacements:
- Coordinate with Technical Services and the customer to create Return Material Authorization (RMA) for defective material
- Manage the retrieval of defective material from the customer’s factory and it’s return to our factory
- Create and manage the sales order for replacement material and provide updates to the customer
- Manage RMA to final disposition and closure
- Manage, drive, or support product recall programs if needed
- Customer complaints & inquiries:
- Log and track customer communications in Salesforce
- Facilitate and answer inquiries relating to packing lists, tracking information, product pricing, pricing errors, delivery errors, lead times, material availability, customs import/export compliance
- Drive all issues to closure in a manner that the customer is satisfied
- Support company projects relating to new product releases, design changes, process improvements.
- Lead team level projects that result in improvements to customer satisfaction or processes.
- Maintaining a clean, safe and orderly workplace.
- Understanding and complying with quality policy, procedures and instructions to ensure product quality, customer satisfaction, attainment of business goals and environmental well-being.
- Provide shipping confirmation and information to customer
- Track and report customer on-time delivery, identifying causes for late delivery and facilitate implementation of long term corrective actions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of professional experience in a customer service role, preferably in manufacturing
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiar with CRM systems and practices
- Strong ERP system experience and understanding,