Diverse metal tube fabricating company is looking for an experienced machine shop manager to lead and develop our growing team.
The ideal candidate will be able to
- Fine-tune existing production processes and position the company for future growth and operational excellence.
- Machining department consists of 10 CNC machines that are used to produce small components and fittings used in metal tubular products as well as fixtures and tooling used throughout the facility.
- Lot sizes range from single pieces to as high as 20,000 and is diverse and high-mix.
- Materials machined include 300 series stainless, brass, aluminum, and carbon steel.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10-15 years experience in a production machining environment in either a leadership or engineering role and have a strong understanding of G-Code and conversational programming, tooling, and work-holding.
- Hands-on leadership and mentoring
- Develop, program, implement, and validate new machining processes
- Daily production scheduling & staffing
- Process improvement
- Process monitoring and reporting
- Estimating cycle times for new products
- Training and employee development
- Tooling inventory management
- Preventative maintenance
- Understanding and implementing lean manufacturing and 6S initiatives
- Haas Mills (VF2/VF3)
- Haas Toolroom Lathe
- Mazak 2-axis lathes (3)
- Okuma twin spindle lathe with Y-axis and live tooling
- Nomura Swiss Lathes with sub-spindle & live tooling (2)
- Omni-Turn CNC gang-tool lathe
To apply, email your resume to Alex.Kish@RemedyStaff.com