1st Shift Safety Lead Manufacturing Company - Direct Hire Full Time!!!!
Fabulous opportunity to really get your feet wet as a Lead/Supervisor for a growing manufacturing company. We are looking for someone with preferable Lean methodologies 5S, Six Sigma for an Entry to Mid Level role. This is a full time Direct Hire position with a company about 15 minutes west of Hilliard, Ohio!!!
Tons of room for growth and advancement! Moving further into the role it has the capabilities of running the entire Safety program!
Manufacturing experience is highly desired and those with current Safety Lead experience will be considered first.
The Continuous Improvement Leader works as part of a team that coordinates and strategically leads performance improvement throughout the manufacturing operations using Lean, Six Sigma and other Operational Tools and Methodologies. The CI Leader will be involved in all facets of operations, safety, quality, engineering, logistics, providing project and process improvement support. The successful CI Leader is able to develop and deliver LSS training content in both workshop environments and remotely by conference calls or webinars. The CI Leader is a mentor and coach for the factory leadership teams to strengthen capability in areas of lean operations and change management.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Drive the development and implementation of CI improvement plans consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and business operating plan.
- Lead local improvement teams both directly on selected projects and through other team leads as needed.
- Mine and analyze data to support the project selection process.
- Provide training and develop training-related materials.
- Follow-up and audit project progress to ensure results are achieved and sustained.
- Resolve implementation issues, creating and managing implementation communication processes, and ensuring consistency
- of implemented processes and programs throughout manufacturing operations.
- Utilize OEE and other tools to identify gaps in performance versus best practices, and then work with all levels of the plant in establishing and executing a strategy for improving them.
- Routinely engage and support Corporate leaders and task force groups to guide and/or manage improvement efforts
- Strong foundation of the Microsoft Office suite of software, Visio, Smartsheet, project software
- Strong communication and presentation skills Oracle, or other ERP systems
- Understanding of quality systems
- Process design and improvement
- Project management & multi-tasking
- Leading and managing change
- Coaching and training
- Knowledge of Asset Management Programs
- Understanding of our Safety systems, programs and engineering-related efforts
- Understanding or our Machine Tool Operations
Educational Requirements & Work History:
- Bachelor’s of Science preferred in a field relevant to plant operations.
- In depth knowledge of Continuous Improvement (CI) tools and Lean Six Sigma methodology.