Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with Process Engineering to optimize processes to enhance throughput where possible.
- Must be familiar with Surface-Mount Technology (SMT)
- Ability to identify component packages and values.
- Perform a wide variety of electronic component rework tasks in support of service and occasional manufacturing requirements.
- Perform repairs in accordance with appropriate Quality Standards and industry soldering practices IPC-7711/21, IPC-610 * J-STD-01.
- Skill on removal and replacement of BGA, QFN’s, LGA’s fine pitch connectors ect
- Must have high attention to detail
- Inspect/Identify non-conforming product and perform Rework as needed to ensure product/s meet customer and industry specifications
- Support area 5S, metrics, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings to review 5S, metrics, and KPIs focused on continuous improvement
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives (e.g., 5S, continuous flow, kanban, visual controls)
- Perform related duties as assigned by manager or process coordinator
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Supports OT requirements as needed
Stop production when required if product(s) do not meet standard
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 4+ years experience in rework of SMT/Through hole electronic components .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to read and comprehend assembly drawings, B.O.M’s and manufacturers component specifications.
- Computer literate
- Extensive component identification skills.
- Must be very detailed oriented and diligent. Must be self motivated.
- IPC-610 certified or previous experience
- J-STD-001 certification is a plus but not required