Exciting brand new position for a Piping Designer/Drafter here in Columbus, Ohio. Full Time Direct Hire Position!!!!!
The Drafter/Designer will work as part of an integrated design team within the material handling and oil and gas business segments. This position is responsible for 3D modeling of system components from various inputs, developing layouts and integration of schematics and models into total a project deliverables suite, including piping, piping system related components (valves, pipe supports, pipe racks, equipment tie-ins), and other components required for oil and gas facilities design. The Designer will be responsible for preparing layout of simple to complex facility piping systems using drafting and 3D modeling software. Engineering phases and duties could include a broad spectrum of work from conceptual engineering through operations support. This also includes coordinating with other design team members of other project disciplines to accomplish project tasks.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use AutoCAD Plant 3D (2018 or newer) and AutoCAD (2018 or newer) to assist in creating 3D piping models, design drawings, and piping isometrics for oil and gas piping and material handling pneumatic conveyance and air compressor piping systems.
• Assist in producing complete PFDs and P&IDs from verbal or written description from the responsible engineer.
• Apply basic formulas, principles and practices, and use acquired knowledge of fundamental concepts and practices pertaining to the piping discipline.
• Work collaboratively utilizing design systems for the production of piping design deliverables.
• Assist with a full range of drawing production work including problem analysis, design layout and calculations on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
• Assist with initial rough designs or sketches and redlines or mark-ups on ongoing projects.
• Assist with analyzing reports, drawings, and tests, to plan and design projects.
• Apply design codes and specifications related to design requirements.
• Complete and review design drawings within scope, budget and schedule. Perform project tasks and assignments within budgeted hours and deadlines.
• Incorporate schedules, budgets and project criteria into piping design and layouts.
• Organize and maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner.
• Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field. Or two years of industrial piping design-related experience or associate's degree and four years related experience or five years progressive detailing and design experience.
• AutoCAD Plant 3D experience is preferred. Plant3D experience is a big plus.
• Strong understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables. Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
• Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
• Basic knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
• Basic knowledge in the theory and practices of engineering discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
Please click here to apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your resume and salary requirements.
This position will require multiple face to face interviews in Columbus, Ohio so local candidates will be considered first. Must be a US Citizen, No Sponsorships.