Responsible for performing routine machine operations according to blueprint specifications and other documentation provided.
• Perform routine repetitive machine operations according to routing sheet and established standards on various machines to include but not limited to drill press, milling machine, broach, turret lathe, grinder, hone, blast cabinet, automatic or semi-automatic drilling machine, CNC lathes and milling machines.
• Follow established company safety procedure.
• With supervision, make simple tool changes and machine adjustments.
• Burr and evaluate parts according to blueprint specifications.
• Inspect parts for conformance to specifications using industry approved methods.
• Assist in shipping operations by cleaning and packing parts.
• Move parts between machines and wash area.
• Maintain production work areas and machines in a clean and safe manner.
• Document daily activity on production ticket.
• Read and understand the routing instructions of assigned jobs.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills: Oral and Written communication Skills Mechanical Aptitude Basic Math Aptitude Blueprint Reading Skills helpful Ability to lift up to 50 pounds Ability to stand for long periods of time
Education: High School diploma or equivalent Experience: Prior machine operator experience helpful. Position
Reports To: Precision Department Team Leader