Machine Shop Operator/ Clarence, NY/ 1st Shift
A Machine Shop Operator is needed for an established manufacturing facility in the Clarence, NY area to assist in machine shop activities such as operating metal fabricating/finishing equipment to cut, bend, form and/or finish metal parts as specified by customer requirements.
Monday – Friday 6:00am – 2:00pm
Essential Job Duties:
- Identifying material to be processed based on type and size required by operation.
- Monitoring equipment to produce parts to specifications.
- Placing and holding material as required by machine and performs the operation.
- Using gauges on material to maintain dimensions.
- Recording job activities, including counts, utilizing labor reporting system.
- Inspecting and measuring parts to maintain quality requirements.
- Maintaining accurate count of parts; attaches labels or tags to processed material identifying customer, part number, quantity and shop order information.
- Cleans machine, tooling and area around workstation on a daily basis.
- Occasionally driving a fork lift truck to transport material for storage or delivery to another department
- Performing additional job-related duties as needed
- Between 6 months to 1 year of related work experience or training in a machine shop.
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods
- Capability of lifting up to 30 pounds
First shift hours! Get your foot in the door with this established and growing production facility in Clarence, NY! Apply now!
Military Veterans encouraged to apply!