CNC Machinist/ Buffalo, NY/ 1st Shift
Remedy is partnered with an established Buffalo, NY Manufacturer to identify a CNC Machinist to operate manual lathes, mills, radial drills and other special purpose equipment to fabricate machined components by applying general machine shop knowledge. This individual must be able to read blueprints and determine dimensions and tolerances of finished components.
1st: Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:00pm
Essential Job Duties:
- Setting up and operating machines, including engine and turret lathes, cutters, shears, manual mill machine, grinders, presses, drills, and auxiliary machines to produce parts to specifications.
- Reading job folders or blueprints to determine product specifications, materials needed, and tooling instructions.
- Inspecting workpieces for defects, and measuring workpieces to determine accuracy to maintain quality requirements using rules, templates, micrometers, or measuring instruments.
- Positioning, adjusting, and securing stock material or workpieces against stops, on arbors, or in chucks, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms, manually or using supports.
- Observing machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary.
- Recording job activities, including counts, utilizing labor reporting system.
- (May) Drive a fork lift truck to transport material for storage or delivery to another department.
- Performing minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or cleaning machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Manual Lathe experience is a must
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience or training in a machine shop.
Amazing opportunity with an established and growing manufacturing facility in Buffalo! 1st shift hours! Great benefits! Apply now!
Military Veterans encouraged to apply!