The Legal Assistant has general responsibility for all administrative support for the Legal Department. The position coordinates and oversees technical and office administrative support work, as well as operating in a dynamic, fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities. He/She is responsible for performing a variety of administrative support duties including preparing legal documents, proofing and editing, preparing correspondence, reports, forms and presentations, aligning calendars, filing, and other administrative work required.
• Assist with documentation, processing and tracking of all legal projects.
• Provides organizational support for projects, initiatives, new business opportunities, and proposals.
• Serve as liaison between customers, vendors, internal partners and the department regarding the status of pending legal matters.
• Draft and prepare any necessary project reports.
• Assist with the drafting and completion of minor legal correspondence, projects and documents. • Coordinate with the contract repository manager to ensure up-to-date and accurate contract files.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Develop presentations and materials for internal customers. • Perform legal research.
• High School Diploma (or GED) required. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree a plus.
• Minimum two years’ experience working in an administrative role within the legal field a plus Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office and be “systems” savvy including utilization of the internet.
• Ability to write, review, and edit professional letters, routine reports, documents, and other correspondence.
• Ability to create and facilitate an environment that fosters teamwork and trust.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and the ability to multitask and work independently