CNC Programmer in Lexington KY
up to $24 per hour, direct hire, great benefits available!
This is a multi-faceted position with exposure to a variety of manufacturing processes. Candidates should have the ability to multitask in a custom job shop environment and have strong mechanical aptitude. Hands-on experience with shop fabrication techniques and processes a plus. Candidates should be self-motivated and require minimal supervision.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills or experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a machining/fabrication environment
- Associate Degree or Two year trade school certification preferred
- Experienced in setup and running G-code programs
- Experienced in conversational programming (ProtoTRak and/or ROMI mills & lathes is a plus)
- Able to read metric and standard prints, maintain programs, select tools, and manufacture small to medium runs of parts with limited amount of supervision.
- Performs setup on assigned jobs for machinist helpers and inspect production parts for conformity to tolerances and repeatability.
- Work efficiently without supervision and limited guidance and is responsible for the quality of finished product.
- Comfortable making average to complex arithmetic calculations and resolve problem solving skills
- Design and build production work fixtures