Currently seeking a Level I Engineering Technician in Chesapeake, VA (Greenbrier area)
Pay: $15.26/hr . Temp to Perm Position
Primary Functions will be to help with the tool room and assist production with machine set up, etc.
- Assists in developing designs for customer defined product. This may also include the adaptation of existing designs to new customer applications.
- Prepares drawings or diagrams of preliminary tooling or process designs.
- Utilizes CAD to draft approved tooling layouts.
- Operates manufacturing machinery and related equipment as necessary to build prototypes to customer and internal requirements.
- Assists in evaluating and testing of product prototypes to verify the performance and reliability of materials, processes, equipment, tooling, packaging, and inspection methods.
- Assists Engineering, Quality, and Production personnel in the development, evaluation, or modification of FMEA’s.
- May assist in receiving and processing New Parts Information, Discontinued Parts, Part Changes, and Internal Process Changes as necessary.
- May assist in setting up, modifying, or obsolescing parts in the manufacturing database as necessary.
- Assists in product redesign to resolve product or production difficulties.
- Assists in the design and development of processing or inspection jigs.
- May assist in developing work instructions, Standard Operating Procedures, and visual aids as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read prints and layouts.
- General knowledge of various types of manufacturing equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations.
- Demonstrated ability to setup, analyze, and troubleshoot manufacturing processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Engineering or experience in the manufacturing or engineering fields doing drafting and/or design work; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Drafting ability to clearly develop ideas in the form of working drawings and sketches.
- Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, materials selection, and product testing in addition to sketching, layout, and drafting work.