Now hiring for a leading contract design and manufacturing company with a specialization in electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies. Our customers include, Military, Medical, Biotechnology and Aerospace companies that are highly regulated with specialized needs.
The Acoustic Engineer provides extensive knowledge in field of specialization and working knowledge of other fields. Capable of clearly defining appropriate technical approaches and solutions to most critical challenges. Able to define critical project criteria to ensure project completion. Uses creativity to resolve complex issues. Has demonstrated leadership skills and a working knowledge of business and customer requirements. Demonstrates exceptional communications skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Use company policies and procedures to complete work assignments.
- Design underwater hydrophones and/or active and passive transducers utilizing cylindrical ceramics, flexural disks, cantilever beams, and geophones.
- Design, model, simulate, and test complex acoustic transducers.
- Assist engineering with design modification of acoustic subsystems and systems for development.
- Support designs with analysis, simulations and calculations including space, Mathcad, MATLAB and FEA. Prepare drawings/documentation for work as required for engineering and manufacturing of products.
- Conduct complex in-house tests, direct and guide or mentor other Engineers.
- Apply risk, failure analysis, and root cause analysis as required within the engineering discipline.
- Represent engineering in cross-departmental activities such as Material Review Board.
- Resolve product process and system issues; provide recommendation for enhancements and cost reductions; initiate Engineering Change Notices; and formulate cost impacts.
- Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
- May act as project lead including organizing, execution, and coordinating technical assignments.
- Evaluate materials and systems, identify equipment, or prepare work instructions for manufacturing.
- Provide training and/or direction to other engineers, technicians or manufacturing operators.
- Provide input to bid and proposal activities.
- Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
- Travel and participation in product field tests.
- All other duties as assigned.
Located in Central Florida.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Tawnya.Titus@RemedyStaff.com