Senior Electrical Engineer
Basic Purpose of Position: Provides extensive knowledge in field of specialization and working knowledge of other fields. Capable of clearly defining appropriate technical approaches and solutions to most company critical challenges. Able to define critical project criteria to ensure project completion. Uses creativity to resolve complex issues. Has demonstrated leadership skills and a working knowledge of business and customer requirements. Demonstrates exceptional communications skills.
Primary or major responsibilities:
· Use company policies and procedures to complete work assignments.
· Design, model, simulate and test complex electronic circuits, subsystems and systems.
· Assist engineering with design modification or electronic subsystems and systems for development efforts.
· Create schematic drawings and support PCB design, layout and routing of sub-assemblies and systems.
· Support designs with analysis simulations and calculations using spice and Mathcad.
· Prepare documentation for work as required for engineering and manufacturing of products.
· Conduct complex in-house tests, direct and guides or mentors other Engineers.
· Apply risk, failure analysis, and root cause analysis as required within the engineering discipline.
· Represent engineering in cross-departmental activities such as MRB.
· Resolve product process and system issues; provide recommendation for enhancements and cost reductions; initiate ECN’s; and formulate cost impacts.
· Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
· May act as project lead including organizing, execution, and coordinating technical assignments.
· Evaluate materials and systems, identify equipment, or prepare work instructions for manufacturing.
· Provide training and/or direction to other engineers, technicians or manufacturing operators.
· Provide input to bid and proposal activities.
· Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
· Travel and participation in product field tests.
· All other duties as assigned.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to Tawnya.Titus@RemedyStaff.com
· BSEE; MSEE preferred.
· A minimum of ten years related experience.
· Knowledge/skills must include strong education, theoretical background and experience with applied hands-on implementation expertise in electronic design, simulation, modeling, analysis, and test.
· Hands-on experience with development, building and testing of electronic assemblies and systems.
· Knowledge of digital and analog design including amplifiers, analog and digital interfacing, time and frequency domain filtering, sampling theorem, aliasing, programmable logic,, low power design .
· Experience with simulation (pSpice or equivalent) and computational programs (MathCad preferred, Mat Lab accepted), programmable logic (Altera, Xilinx), communication protocols, and memory devices (EEPROM, SRAM, DRAM.
· Pluses include experience with microcontrollers, low power design, battery operation, and switching regulators, digital signal processing, magnetics and RF design
· Ability to draw solutions from both formal training and experience and use original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems.
· Experience in generating mechanical design documentation, and technical reports.
· Ability to write proposals, cost and schedule estimates (including budgets), and participate in presentations.
· Proficiency in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must show high initiative, be self-motivated, and have ability to act independently on technical matters