Now hiring a Software Engineer III
Basic Purpose of Position: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of software engineering principles, and practices. Support, design, development and test of complex embedded software. Work with other engineering and functional areas to obtain optimum utilization of equipment, machinery and resources.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
· Use company policies and procedures to complete work assignments.
· Develop low-cost, high-volume software for defense and security system development.
· Design, document, develop, code and test embedded software items and test software projects.
· Identify and report critical project concerns to sustain on-track project completion.
· Support other software engineers in the software development process.
· Interface with other design personnel to design, execute and test prototype software builds.
· Design and conduct complex in-house software test.
· Participate in product software failure analysis activities and compile test and failure analysis reports.
· Generates software design documentation and report data from tests.
· Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
· May provide training and/or direction to technicians.
· May provide input to bid and proposal activities.
· May provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
· May require participation in product field tests requiring travel.
· All other duties as assigned.
Salary dependent upon experience
To apply, send your resume to Tawnya.Titus@RemedyStaff.com
· Minimum Requirements:
· BSCS, engineering, or related field. 2-6 years software experience.
· Knowledge/skills must include education, in, design, coding and test of embedded software systems.
· Knowledge of full software development lifecycle required.
· Experience developing embedded software in C or C++; additional languages a plus.
· Desktop and network software development experience a plus.
· Knowledge of software tools (requirements, compiler, assemblers, debuggers, programmers, JTAG, etc).
· Experience with A/D and D/A converters, and serial communications preferred.
· Knowledge of data acquisition concepts, instrument control, test, measurement, and implementation of control interfaces to hardware.
· Practical skills for bench level work, including the ability to configure test equipment to verify design.
· Able to use original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems.
· Ability to write technical report and participate in presentations.
· Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Must show initiative, and motivation, and have ability to act independently to resolve technical issues.