Remedy Staffing is seeking candidates with Facilities/Maintenance experience in Virginia Beach, VA.
Work Days:?Monday - Friday
Work Shift:?1 First shift
General grounds, facilities, and other maintenance.?The General Maintenance Worker will perform tasks associated with a wide variety of maintenance activities; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assisting other internal and external workers; and ensuring that tools, materials and vehicles are maintained in good working order and are available at job site when needed.
- Operate and maintain all equipment and vehicles in a correct and safe manner
- Use a range of common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on building systems and machinery to ensure they continue to run smoothly, safely, and efficiently
- Address issues concerning the condition of buildings to prevent deterioration and to preserve an acceptable curb appeal
- Inspect, operate, test and repair various warehouse machinery and equipment
- Diagnose and repair all mechanical, electrical and plumbing troubles found in a commercial setting
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists and instructions
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery as needed using hand tools, and measuring devices
- Follow MSDS requirements when using chemicals
- Adhere to OSHA and other safety policies
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with staff and customers
- Additional tasks as required, including but not limited to:
- Building maintenance
- Prepare spaces for new tenants
- Warehouse work
- Support of other Departments
- Prior general maintenance experience
- Obtain and maintain forklift license
- Active Driver’s License
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.