The Accounting Supervisor, under general supervision, is responsible for performing supervisory, administrative, accounting, budgeting, financial planning, and technical work of considerable difficulty involved in the major accounting functions of the Housing Authority.
Examples of Duties
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties, and skills may be required and assigned, as needed. These essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and regular attendance must be maintained.
- Prepares and assists external auditors in the preparation of Prepared by Client (PBC) requirements for the annual audit.
- Prepares, maintains and reviews accounting books, records, ledgers, and vouchers in a timely and accurate manner to assure compliance with regulatory requirements and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness in classifying and recording of financial and business transaction data.
- Research authoritative literature for proper treatment of economic transactions and record transactions for multiple companies.
- Preparation and review of white papers and subsequent training on GASB pronouncements.
- Coordinate with other departments to provide training as needed or requested.
- Provide counseling and support to Finance & Accounting personnel, as needed, through discussions about performance or other job-related concerns.
- Develop, implement and provide training and materials to staff.
- Oversee annual inventory, reconciliations, and daily cash management activities.
- Reviews technical, legal and regulatory documents to assess the nature and substance of the agreements and its accounting treatment and reporting requirements.
- Monitors, interprets, and implements GASB pronouncements and other accounting standards
- Interpret financial transactions and events to ensure that they are recorded in the general ledger appropriately.
- Makes assignments, schedules work flow, reviews completed work, and provides technical assistance to the staff in the areas of HUD and other agencies accounting procedures and generally accepted accounting principles, internal controls, accounting/auditing, data processing, accounts receivable, and statistical activities.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of goals, work plans, performance measures and continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Enforce department policies and procedures.
- Performs a variety of technical and administrative accounting work.
- Designs and manages administrative and financial systems process improvement
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM (some flexibility required)
- Rate of Pay: $28.00
- Please call or visit one of our locations below to apply and interview:
- North Office - 2518 Nacogdoches Rd. San Antonio, TX 78217 - 210.366.3400
- South Office - 1950 SW Military Dr. San Antonio, TX 78221 - 210.973.6878
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) form an accredited four-year college or university in Accounting required with a minimum 3.00 GPA in Accounting courses.
- Two (2) years accounting experience in the specialized areas of Public Housing, Assisted Housing, HUD programs or other affordable housing programs; or three (3) years of supervising general ledger accounting work.
- Must have the ability to learn and use cloud applications such as Google GSuite applications to include but not limited to: Google Chrome Browser, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Slides. Understanding document sharing and collaboration in the cloud. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, cloud accessible applications to include but not limited to: One drive, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint or MAC or PC desktop equivalent is acceptable.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education, and work history verification, and drug screening test.