The Accountant under general supervision, is responsible for performing entry-level professional accounting work requiring knowledge of operating and analyzing individual accounting processes.
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties, and skills may be required and assigned, as needed. These essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and regular attendance must be maintained.
- Processes and analyzes financial information from process module and prepares journal entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Reconciles subsidiary ledgers to the General Ledger (i.e., TARs and Security Deposit)
- Assists customers, vendors and employees with the technical process issues.
- Monitors processes for accuracy and submits recommendations for improvements.
- Reviews invoices and receipts by performing thorough research to determine status and resolve discrepancies, if needed.
- Compiles financial data to support individual general ledger process balances for annual audit.
- Prepares adjusting journal entries to general ledger accounts as needed.
- Assists in the research of fluctuations between actual and projected operations as requested.
- Processes payments for residents that are sent directly to the bank or other electronic options.
- Download or import data from various sources to post and/or reconcile to the G/L or other databases.
- Processes tenant refunds and utility assistance payments.
- Prepare periodic reports for senior team, ELT, or Board of Commissioners
- Cash monitoring duties including tracking all investments for the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM (some flexibility required)
Rate of Pay: $19.50
Please call or visit one of our locations below to apply and interview:
North Office - 2518 Nacogdoches Rd. San Antonio, TX 78217 - 210.366.3400
South Office - 1950 SW Military Dr. San Antonio, TX 78221 - 210.973.6878
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) form an accredited four-year college or university in Accounting required with a minimum 3.00 GPA in Accounting courses.
- A copy of transcript is required.
- Must have the ability to learn and use cloud applications such as Google GSuite applications to include but not limited to: Google Chrome Browser, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Slides. Understanding document sharing and collaboration in the cloud. Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, cloud accessible applications to include but not limited to: One drive, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint or MAC or PC desktop equivalent is acceptable.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education, and work history verification, and drug screening test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license