Oil and Gas or Bulk Material Engineering Needs...Apply Today Here!
High Profile Client, cool projects, cool software....My client has everything, we need you if you have Bulk Material Experience or Oil and Gas!!!!!!!
I have a Mechanical Engineer Position
I have a Sr. Mechanical Engineer Position
I have a Sr. Level Design Engineer Position
***Pay is based on experience
Looking for fabulous Mechanical Engineers Full Time Direct Hire Columbus Ohio. Great company with great benefits and tons of growth potential!!!
The description listed below is for the Sr. Level position but I also have a Mid Level position requiring 2-5 years of experience.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• PE registration in one or more states is preferred
• At least ten (10) years’ experience with bulk material transport, storage and reclaim systems required
• Experience selecting mechanical equipment components for bulk material handling systems including drives, bearings, pulleys, shafts, scales, and dust collection and suppression systems
• Be familiar with total project systems to include mechanical, structural, civil and electrical components to allow considerations of those aspects into a project or area design
• Experience in directing the work of drafters or other engineering support staff
• Be versed in the use of 3D model interface software such as Autodesk Navisworks or similar software
• Ability to conduct 3D model reviews with all engineering disciplines and clients, capture action items, assign ownership and assist driving them to completion
• Knowledge of drafting standards, mathematics, science, and engineering technology
• Availability and ability to travel to client sites on occasion
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for leading the equipment selection, layouts and integration of specified equipment into total project systems required for industrial and bulk material handling facilities. This includes reviewing or preparing data and running specialty programs for conveyors and dust collection systems.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will lead the development of the mechanical requirements of all project phases, including conceptual, preliminary, final engineering and potentially operational support. This also includes coordinating with other disciplines to accomplish project tasks. In addition, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will be part of the project management process, which would include working directly with the Project Manager, meeting with clients, obtaining field data, interaction with equipment vendors, participating in project meetings, establishing project standards and assisting in the development of the project design criteria. This also includes coordinating with and directing Engineers, Designers and Drafters to accomplish project tasks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide input and participate in junior engineer performance reviews
• Manage the mechanical engineering discipline professional development and training programs
• Responsible for the conceptual, preliminary and final design of mechanical bulk material handling systems including ship, barge, rail and truck loading and unloading systems comprised of belt conveyors, drag conveyors, bucket elevators, dust control systems and various specialty equipment
• Responsible for the mechanical engineering and design deliverables quality control process for assigned projects
• Prepare quantity estimates
• Coordinate and direct drafters and designers in the creation of 3D models and 2D drawings
• Interface with Project Managers, Engineers and clients
• Assist Project Managers and design team with assembling the methodology for completing the design project effort
• Review and check engineer’s sketches and designs to ensure feasibility and compliance with client specifications, industry standards, applicable regulations and any other specification on a particular project
• Analyze designs for efficiency of construction, use of materials, functionality and practicality of design
• Develop or alter standard project specifications to meet specific project requirements
• Create layouts and sketches for project systems
• Develop project design criteria documents
• Research, learn and implement differing design techniques which may be industry specific;
• Develop technical details and specify materials, and procedures using drawings, rough sketches, specifications and calculations
• Assist in development of engineering proposals
• Further develop concepts established by sales personnel
• Assemble data and run in-house programs such as Belt Analyst and Heavent
• Review certain vendor/fabricator shop drawings
• Maintain project files
• Perform the necessary field work to obtain accurate information for the design
• Attend out of office and in office project meetings
• In some instances interface directly with Clients
• Additional duties as assigned
If interested please click here to apply or email email@example.com for faster consideration. This position will require multiple face to face interviews so local candidates will be considered first. Must be a US citizen. No sponsorships or relocation packages!
When applying to email directly please include a copy of your resume along with your salary expectations.